Are you our future Legal financing team lead?
We are looking for a Senior or junior Lawyer or Assistant Attorney for our legal financing in Better Energy Better Energy, Copenhagen
Do you want to make a difference and help us shape a sustainable future and drive the green energy transition in Denmark and internationally? Then you may be the person we are seeking.
We work every day to make an impact that matters, and we invite you to join us on this green energy transition journey.
We are seeking an ambitious and hardworking senior or junior lawyer or assistant attorney with good interpersonal skills to ensure a continuously high and solid professional foundation to work with legal financing matters in our Legal team.
The right candidate might be our new team lead or team lead candidate of our Legal financing team.
The Legal team in Better Energy consists of 16 dedicated individuals with senior lawyers with extensive experience within each of their fields and experience from well-known law firms in Copenhagen.
Working as a lawyer in Better Energy you will work together with leading lawyers in the business, share experience and knowledge as you would in larger law firms, but simultaneously be included in the essential commercial/legal interconnection and decision makings you would not otherwise be exposed to.
The Legal team and about us
You will join a strong professional Legal team, and you will be based in Copenhagen.
The team supports the business across the entire integrated value chain from the initial phase of securing rights to land, obtaining rights, construction, procurement, financing, to the operational phase and across all countries that we are working in and in new potential markets.
We put our hearts and souls into the things we do, and we are proud of the impact we have and bring to the green transition.
We take a serious and dedicated approach to the work we do, but at the same time we have an informal tone, we love to laugh, we share experience and thoughts, and we pull together while chasing deadlines and deliveries in order to achieve the goals of Better Energy.
The main focus areas of the Legal team are real estate, contracts, M&A and corporate, financing, regulatory and employment law.
You will be working with the legal financing matters as legal counsel and work together with your colleagues in Legal and in the rest of the organization and with our stakeholders etc.
You will take on an essential role and work with project financing, portfolio financing and group financing etc. and work with due diligence processes, national and international transactions and corporate matters in every aspects across our business - mainly in English.
In order to add value to our Legal team, you bring the ability and willingness to adapt to any changes of task priorities in your everyday work life, and you are positive, innovative and solution-oriented in your approach to any assignment.
Your tasks will primarily be:
- Negotiate, draft and comment on loan agreements, LMAs and security packages for project financing, portfolio financing and top co financing.
- Negotiate, draft and comment on agreements re. guarantee providers etc.
- Negotiate, draft and comment on complex cross lender agreements including but not limited to subordination agreements, parent company guarantees etc.
- Security packages in relation to supplier agreements, power purchase agreements etc.
- Negotiate, draft and comment on our group bank agreements and security packages.
- Negotiate, draft and comment on our group real estate or other non-project related agreements.
- Negotiate, draft and comment on other financing of renewable sources related to e.g. PtX solutions etc.
- Contract management and handling of documents and processes in relation to financing processes in combination with the tasks described above.
- Legal review and reply to various legal questions relevant for the Better Energy business within relevant legislation.
- Handling of other financing and corporate matters pertaining to the Better Energy group’s Danish and international +150 companies, incl. contact with local legal advisers and other consultants, and, where relevant, continuous optimization of work procedures and ensuring local compliance etc.
- Stakeholder management and contact with legal advisers, consultants and relevant authorities in Denmark and abroad.
Better Energy is an international renewable energy company that creates new green energy and we are well over 100 employees and we are planning to recruit even more highly talented and skilled colleagues during this year.
The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply.
At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online and adds new green energy to the energy supply.
We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark and abroad, we have our own test sites and R&D department, and we are constantly looking for areas to cover in order to support the green transition.
- You have a Danish legal educational background and relevant experience from a law firm or internal legal counsel as lawyer or assistant attorney on your last year. You also have the following:
- Min. 3 years of experience with legal financing matters in a law firm or in-house legal department or similar.
- A Danish legal exam that is top of the class.
- Ability to convert legal matters into solutions workable for all parties.
- Ability to deep dive into complex regulation and communicate it in an understandable way to be used in our business.
You might be the right match for Better Energy and our team if you are;
- Ready to lead our legal financing team or have ambitions to do so in the future. If you are not there yet we will support you in this journey if you are ready for the challenge.
- Able to think across the business and connect all financing agreements into a bigger picture both from a commercial and legal perspective.
- Curious when it comes to details within your field.
- Independent and proactive.
- Known for your positive energy.
- Professional and meticulous.
- Ambitious and able to work together with others towards a common goal.
- Strong in both spoken and written Danish and English.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds.
Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues and you are willing to adapt and enjoy working in a fast changing environment.
You will get the responsibility you can handle – we continuously evaluate what your ability and ambitions are. Maybe you are our future team lead of the legal financing team. Areas of responsibility will be given depending on your qualifications and not seniority.
In the team we thrive with responsibility, are comfortable with precision work and have a good sense of what is urgent. You take pride in supporting the team and using your skills for the good of the team, and you are professionally strong and well organized.
You want to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and external partners. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, so you will have the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities.
What you will enjoy
We are placed in a modern office (with amenities like fitness, lounge area, good lunch scheme etc.), and we have a private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy:
- A fun, interesting and varied job - ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have good opportunities for professional development as well.
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together in our daily work and at our social events.
- Being either our new team lead for Legal financing or our future team lead for our Legal financing team if you are not there yet but have the ambitions or skills.
- Being part of a Legal team that is part of moving and negotiating new terms with major players on the lenders’ side.
- You may keep your authorization as Lawyer (Advokat) with Better Energy and you will attend the necessary numbers of courses needed to maintain your authorization.
- If not authorized yet, you will be able to finish your assistant attorney education and take your bar exam with Better Energy.
- A job with great variety and many different tasks within your field.
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is actually driving the green transition in Denmark and internationally.
Henvendelse til PBO
Vil du gerne i kontakt med Better Energy for uformel og fortrolig dialog om mulighederne, er du meget velkommen til at slå på tråden til mig for en uforpligtende fortrolig telefonisk drøftelse, og jeg uddyber naturligvis gerne nærmere om opgaven ved henvendelse - ring endelig på +45 2332 9782 eller send mig en mail på email@example.com.
Min reference på nærværende opgave er advokat Louise Frikov-Petersen, Vice President, som naturligvis gerne drøfter muligheden for eventuel forventningsafstemning. Henvisning sker via PBO.
For kontakt til PBO Juridisk Rekruttering
PBO Juridisk Rekruttering står altid til rådighed for uformel dialog og er garant for 100 % fortrolighed, en intuitiv, effektiv og seriøs rekrutteringsproces med allesteds nærværende fokus på kandidatens og arbejdsgivernes fælles mål og altid grundig opfølgning og orientering i processen.
Følg gerne virksomheden på LinkedIn eller Facebook for newsfeed om spændende rekrutteringsopgaver, for interessante og relevante stillingsopslag i hele DK og for opdateringer og links til nyttig og essentiel viden om nyheder inden for: jura, formidling af fast ejendom, forsikringsret, revision og finansiering – altid med aktuelle kildehenvisninger, så vi sammen kan bygge vores “vidensbank” op.
Tjek løbende bloggen for info om seneste tiltag eller følg med på linket til aktuelle stillinger.
PBO Juridisk Rekruttering – “out of the box” legal recruiting – because it works!