Group Legal Counsel to join Baettr | Legal, Governance, Risk Management & Compliance
On behalf of Baettr PBO is looking for an experienced Group Legal Counsel dedicated to Corporate Legal, Governance, Risk Management & Compliance
Do you want to have a major influence on an entire global organization’s corporate governance, compliance, corporate legal and overall performance?
Then you may be exactly who we are looking for in this newly created position as our Group Legal Counsel.
You will be reporting directly to our CFO to ensure Baettr - as group, sites, departments and individuals – are compliant with relevant policies and standards.
Your base will be in Lem, Denmark with the possibility for working in the office and remotely.
Your every day will be varied, and your responsibilities will cover a wide range of activities with business support as a key factor.
You must efficiently lead og develop Baettr’s group corporate governance and legal compliance in the role of Group Legal Counsel as a valued contributor to the business and as such play an essential role in the company to ensure and manage the business to maximize long-term value while safeguarding the interests of all stakeholders.
You are to ensure that Baettr’s group wide compliance is assured through well-defined and embedded policies which will include a governance model. For selected areas, you will coordinate and liaise with your external legal specialist network to ensure sound advice and legal compliance.
By bringing insight into compliance and by providing awareness training and guidance for function and entity leaders, you can ensure acknowledgement and thereby create a culture of organizational ownership. This will entail collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization to identify and soften risks, by providing and continuously building a solid framework for risk assessment, claims evaluations, negotiations and management.
As a trusted adviser, you will be required to follow up on changing laws and issue recommendations to the organization to ensure compliance. You will be providing legal advice across the full range of business activities where legal input of all types is required.
Newly created concepts, templates, policies, and compliance procedures will be designed, embedded and maintained in the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To apply for the role, you will need a higher education in law or equivalent and several years of experience within a corporate legal function (attorney or corporate lawyer).
- You have sound knowledge in good corporate governance and international experience from an environment where you have supported, guided and trained international stakeholders which entails an open and positive mindset and the will to deal with people locally and across borders with colleagues in other countries and cultures.
- You are also required to have a clear understanding of international corporate contractual principles from a legal and commercial perspective with proven negotiation skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are proficient in English (fully fluent in written and spoken English).
- As a person you thrive on proactively taking ownership not only in normal operations, but also when it becomes business critical. You have a systematic and structured approach to your work with strong team player abilities. You are a role model in setting and ensuring high standards.
We offer a job in a dynamic, future-oriented, and international organization with flexible working routines.
We are experiencing substantial growth in all areas of our business, and we are therefore busy.
We live our values of showing responsibility, thinking improvements and being respectful.
We value a good and comfortable working environment where there is space for our differences and where we look after the individual.
We value innovation and promote development according to our motto:
Engineering the Foundation for Future Generations
Place of work
Smed Hansens Vej 27
We have flexible working arrangements, and it is possible to work partly remotely depending on the activities.
We work every day to make wind energy the most widely available and preferred source of energy in the world. Because we believe that passing on a better place for future generations is not only profitable – it is truly enriching.
We cooperate with international OEM’s operating in the wind industry, within our full spectrum of services:
- Design, casting, machining, surface treatment and assembly.
- € 200 m. annual turnover
- 1.100+ employees
- 6.000+ wind turbine components shipped annually